23 Sep 5 Reasons NOT to Order Restaurant Supplies from Cheetah
COVID-19, supply chain issues and rising food prices have placed the future of major broadliners at risk. Big names like Sysco, Restaurant Depot and others are now fighting to maintain their customer base as more and more SMB restaurants are making the transition to smaller, honest distributors like Cheetah.
Operators who are opting out of the traditional big supplier-small restaurant relationship have good reason to do so. For others, those reasons aren’t enough. We at Cheetah are always open to feedback. So we asked around to see why some restaurants are choosing to stick to their major broadliner amidst a global restaurant crisis. Here’s what we’ve learned.
1. Your Current Supplier Is Treating You Like King
Is your supplier treating you like their #1 customer? Good for you! There’s really no reason to switch to Cheetah if you’re not just another face in the crowd. Heck, it might even feel good to know you’re a small cog in the food supply machine.
2. You Enjoy Long Chats with Sales Reps
Operators working with old-school distributors like US Foods are used to chatting with their reps 3-4 times a week for 40 minutes or more.
If this is something you enjoy and look forward to, maybe you shouldn’t work with Cheetah. To order supplies from Cheetah, you don’t need to get through a long phone call. You can simply place an order through the app anytime before midnight.
Of course, our sales and customer service reps are here for you whenever you need to speak to a live agent. But that’s just the difference – we’re here to assist, but only if you want to.
Unlike at Cheetah, speaking to a traditional sales rep has the added value of a guessing game – you never know if you’re having an actual conversation or simply part of a sales script. We can’t blame you for wanting the mental exercise.
3. You Like the Pricing Policy of Big Suppliers
Does guessing the real price of products feel like a fun game to you? Do you find it amusing to find out you’ve been paying much higher prices than the restaurant next door? Do you get a thrill out of seeing prices have been jacked up without your knowledge?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you should probably stick with your current supplier. Don’t switch to Cheetah. You won’t like the way we do things around here. Our prices are transparent and we charge everyone the same. That’s probably not for you.
4. You Have All the Time in the World
Scavenging for supplies might take up a few hours every day. But if you enjoy taking nice long walks along the endless, freezing aisles of giant warehouses like Restaurant Depot, then there’s no reason to switch to Cheetah.
Ordering supplies from major broadliners also means running the risk of last minute cancellations or delays with no explanation. Yet another thrilling experience.
5. Smartphones & E-Commerce Make You Nervous
If you’re not a techy person, ordering supplies from an app or online can seem tricky. With the Cheetah app you can place orders in just under 5 minutes. That must be mind boggling speed for someone who hasn’t made the transition to a smartphone or e-commerce. If that’s the case, we get why you’d prefer to do these things over the phone, even if it does take an hour or two.
At Cheetah We Do Things Differently
If you’re a strong believer in the idea that power should be in the hands of a few all-powerful companies, then Cheetah’s not for you. But if you think it’s time that businesses like yours get better treatment and fair prices, then Cheetah is definitely the supplier you’ve been hoping for.
At Cheetah, we are committed to doing things differently, the honest way. We get that leaving your major broadliner behind is a big decision. If you’re still on the fence, consider this:
- Our customer relations put restaurant operators at the front. Our team is easy to reach and our field agents are courteous and client-oriented.
- We keep our online catalog up-to-date with transparent pricing. Food prices are hard to predict and suffer from fluctuations. Major broadliners often take advantage of how hard it is for restaurant operators to calculate the real cost of supplies. We do the opposite. We believe that keeping you informed on industry news, tips and the real price of things is the best way for us to develop an honest, long-lasting partnership.
- We offer supportive services and partner discounts. Major broadliners focus on one thing only – making money by supplying food to restaurants. At Cheetah we see your business growth as part of our shared journey. That’s why we curate competitive deals and discounts on merchandise, digital menus, marketing and other complementary services for our customers.
- We always hit the delivery time window. If you’re used to last-minute cancellations and expensive deliveries, switching to a supplier that offers same-day delivery or same-day pickup orders may be too big a change. Our services are predictable and we’re committed to communication. So if something changes or goes wrong you’ll know about it well in advance.
- Our app is super intuitive. We get it. It’s easier to trust a company that does things the old way than one that moved on to using data and technology for its operations. We won’t push you to make the transition to the digital world, but we do recommend reading this article to help you prepare for the inevitable.
- Enjoy premium services. At Cheetah, we believe that team efficiency and good time management are key to the success of your restaurant. That’s why we offer 3-hour delivery windows, no-prep, ready-to-cook supplies and other premium services to allow your team to multitask and use their time wisely.
- Ethical labor. In this labor crisis, it’s hard to understand how a supplier can still treat employees like family. Distributors that employ delivery and warehouse staff directly, make sure they drive safe shifts, pay them fairly and provide social benefits must be out of their minds. Guess us Cheetahs are just a bunch of nutcases.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.